In our modern world, it is more important than ever to consciously create an environment that offers a lifeline to people in danger of losing their way into confusion, loneliness, and emptiness. As part of our work to help communities cultivate lives of meaningful connection, hope, purpose, and wellness, the NRI employs the THRIVE Model of Resilience™ developed by Dr. Mollie Marti.
This evidence-informed model optimizes a community’s ability to support its members to grow their capacity to cope with stressful events and thrive in the face of adversity. This holistic model takes into account mental, physical, social, emotional, spiritual, and environmental needs. Innovative communities, schools, and organizations are using the 6 Capacity Builders from the THRIVE Model (Trusted Adults – High Expectations – Resilience Building – Involvement –Vision – Enrichment) to strengthen their members, facilitate recovery from trauma, and prevent tragic loss of life.
Now you can attend a Youth THRIVE Workshop from your school, office, or home! This training provides a summary of the research behind the THRIVE Resilience Model™ and delivers 12 specific tools (2 for each of the elements) that you can begin using today to strengthen youth.
Your Workshop Toolkit Includes:
- Over 5.5 hours of video training from a Youth THRIVE workshop delivered to a live audience.
- Brain Breaks – fun exercises that take less than one minute to help reset the brain and body.
- Full PDF of workshop slides so you can take notes as you watch.
- THRIVE Resilience Model™ Handout – keep this single page resource handy throughout your day.
- Session 1 (13:14) Overview of the THRIVE Resilience Model™, including a snapshot of implementation data and how to move the needle of growing more resilient kids and communities.
- Session 2 (99:34) Self-awareness assessments and skills, self-care strategies, and guidance for being the best version of yourself so that you are able to help others grow their strengths,
- Session 3 (41:16) Trusted Adults: strategies to cultivate relationships with responsible adults who provide care, positive role modeling and encouragement to youth.
- Session 4 (23:44) High Expectations: strategies to create an environment that expects best efforts, supports meaningful learning, and provides accountability without shame.
- Session 5 (47:31) Resilience Skills: strategies to help youth grow their strengths, cope with adversity, regulate their emotions, and refuel positive energy.
- Session 6 (22:03) Involvement: Strategies to provide meaningful opportunities for youth to connect with and contribute to community.
- Session 7 (48:05) Vision: Strategies to strengthen youth with messages of hope and engage them in co-creating a positive future.
- Session 8 (28:12) Enrichment: Strategies for whole person, whole community supports for youth, providing regular opportunities to grow and express their strengths.
- Session 9 (3:12) Wrap Up and the THRIVE Manifesto
- Mollie Marti, PhD, JD, President, National Resilience Institute & Developer of the THRIVE Resilience Model™
- Tonya Hotchkin, LMFT RPT CTP, Director of Clinical Care, Tanager Place, Iowa
- Jennifer Tischer, M Ed, School Counselor, Mount Vernon Middle School, Iowa